TERMS & CONDITIONS
By making an appointment with Puppy Powder Room, you are agreeing to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions.
• As we offer an appointment only grooming service, we require at least 24hrs notice for cancellations or appointment changes.
• Please ensure your dog is secured by harness and lead upon arrival. We are located on a busy main road so it is unsafe for unsecured dogs. Owners take full responsibility of their dog’s safety whilst off leash.
• Please ensure your dog arrives on time for their groom appointment. You will be notified via text message when your dog is ready for pick up. Please ensure your dog is collected within 15 minutes of receiving notification that your dog is ready for pick up. There is a $15 dog minding fee per half hour will apply for dogs that are over 30 minutes late being collected.
• Please do your best to allow your dogs the opportunity to go to the toilet prior to arriving at PPR. This will ensure your dog is comfortable during their groom.
• Aggressive Dogs. It is crucial that you notify us of at time of booking of any behavioural problems or if your dog is aggressive or has a history of biting. Puppy Powder Room reserves the right to refuse to groom aggressive or difficult dogs with behavioural problems. The owner understands that they will be legally liable for the consequences of all bites caused by their dog.
• Health matters: It is important that you inform us of any health problems that your dog may have, particularly epilepsy, diabetes, arthritis, aches and pains, heart conditions, allergies, skin conditions and sensory loss such as deafness and blindness/partial sight. We examine your dog for lumps and bumps during the groom and should anything be found we will notify you upon collection. Grooming sick and elderly dogs will be at the owner’s risk but we reserve the right to refuse to groom a dog if we consider that it is too unwell to proceed.
• Matted Coats. We have a non de-matting policy, in compliance with Animal Welfare Act (2007) section 5 which states that 'All animals are to be protected from pain, injury, suffering and disease'. Attempting to brush out heavy matting would lead to a great deal of discomfort for a dog. Instead we will at all times advise clipping to remove the matted and damaged coat. If your pet has become matted, we require your permission to clip before we begin the groom. Where pets are heavily matted, an extra charge of $15 to remove the coat will apply, on top of the regular groom price.
• Photographs. We take photos of each dog before during and after the groom, which we keep on file to assist us in future grooms. We may use some photos in advertising our service and/or post to our social media sites. Most clients enjoy seeing their pet featured. Please let us know beforehand if you do not wish your pet's photos to be made public.
• We groom each dog to the owner's specifications, as far as the dog will tolerate and the coat condition and type allows. We will always place a dog's welfare, safety and peace of mind above adherence to a particular style. In case of being unable for any reason to groom to the exact style wished by the owner, we will endeavour to contact the owner and agree upon a suitable alternative style.